Originally published on 3/30/22, updated on 7/14/23.
Over the last few years, we’ve become more comfortable with decentralized workforces. Countless companies have transitioned to remote work, and for those not working from home, they’re employing workers who spend most of their time out in the field (we’re looking at you, manufacturing, healthcare, and retail folks).
And there are so many perks to allowing employees to work when and how they want. But one downside? They’re incredibly hard to reach right now. Employees are receiving too many messages from too many places, and they’re simply burned out. On average, they receive:
Simply put, employees aren’t thinking about their benefits often enough: 36% only consider their benefits when there is a healthcare need, but they admit they don’t do much research. By then, it’s too late to make an informed decision.
So how do we capture employees’ attention and give them the benefits information they need?
Traditional methods have failed to meet employees where they are in a way that cuts through all of the communication noise they’re receiving. They need simple, easy-to-understand benefits information—and they need it all in one place.
That’s why we’re proud to introduce…
ALEX Connect: A Mobile App For All Things Benefits
ALEX Connect is a mobile app that centralizes all of your benefits information in the place where employees are most likely to find and use it—their phones. It’s a modern take on the benefits portal, offering on-the-go access to all of the healthcare and benefits resources your employees need.
ALEX Connect features
Lay the foundation with benefits basics
- Click through an overview of your entire benefits package
- Access company benefits portals and guides
- Store digital ID cards in-app to share with doctors
- Give dependents access to ALEX Connect — at no extra cost!
- Find out where to get more information, whether it’s your HR team or healthcare concierge
Empower employees to make decisions on-the-go
- Get easy access to ALEX Benefits Counselor
- Search for in-network providers and care facilities
- Access telemedicine resources and connect to a virtual doctor
- Reference deductibles, copays, coinsurance, and OPP limits for medical, dental, and vision
- Connect to your HSA, FSA, and retirement portals
Keep employees engaged throughout the year
- Send personalized, segmented push notifications
- Use an in-app fitness tracker for steps, mileage, and floors climbed
- Access important memos and company announcements
- Take employee engagement surveys
- Watch web-based videos to promote top-of-mind initiatives
ALEX Connect’s flexible app design allows you to highlight your organization’s top priorities, no matter what they are. We’ll help you tailor the employee experience to fit the unique needs of your workforce, whether that’s mental health resources, telemedicine, or healthcare cost-saving tools.