1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT. We may collect both Personal and Non-Personal Information, as detailed below. Personal Information is information about you that can be used to contact or reasonably identify you, such as your e-mail address. Non-Personal Information does not identify you personally and can include information like your age, marital status, number of children, and your responses to questions from ALEX while using the Software. We also compile information in aggregate (“Aggregate Information”), which is anonymous, de-identified, and consolidated data we compile about the characteristics and activities of users of the Software. To be 100% clear, Aggregate Information does not include Personal Information.
A. Information You Provide To Us When Using the Software. When you use the Software, we will collect information you provide to us as you interact with ALEX, including but not limited to your age, zip code, employer, marital status, whether you have children, tax filing status, and your anticipated medical usage for the upcoming year (“User Inputs”). You may also be asked to provide an email address so you can return to the Software without repeating the steps you have already completed (without creating an account, as described in D below). If you are given the email option, and if you opt to enter your email address, we share your e-mail with a third-party service provider for the sole purpose of providing the link back to ALEX to you, but your e-mail address will not be linked to your User Inputs as part of such disclosure, and the third party will not store your e-mail address.
B. Information Collected from a Third-Party Benefits Administration System. ALEX may be integrated with your employer’s benefits administration system, which is a third-party system for managing a benefits program. In such cases, Jellyvision will collect certain Personal Information directly from the benefits administration system for use with the Software, such as your age, zip code, employer, and details about your worksite or employee classification.
C. Information Collected from HSA Bank. For those utilizing an ALEX-branded HSA account, Jellyvision will collect certain Personal Information from the backend provider of the account (HSA Bank, www.hsabank.com), including your social security number and date of birth (for authentication and security purposes) and your HSA, FSA, HRA, and other similar account balances and current contributions.
D. Information Collected When Creating an Account. You may create an account with us (optional) that will allow you to return to ALEX without re-entering information. You may create an account directly through Jellyvision, via a social media login provider (e.g., Google), or via your employer’s single sign-on provider. Creating an account allows Jellyvision to link your Personal Information with other information you provide to us when using the Software, including your User Inputs (in other words, you will not be anonymous to us). For users who access ALEX from within a benefits administration system, your account will be created and managed through the benefits administration system, not Jellyvision.
E. Information Collected from User Feedback Surveys. As you engage with the Software, you may be asked to complete an optional user survey to help us and your employer evaluate the effectiveness of the Software and allow you to provide comments and suggestions regarding the Software. The information collected from the user survey may be shared with your employer and used by Jellyvision for any purpose we see fit, including, but not limited to, advertising and marketing purposes. Please do not enter any Personal Information into the user feedback survey.
F. Technical Usage Information and Cookies.
- Log Data. When you use the Software, our servers record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, the webpage you were visiting before you came to URL where the Software is hosted, and other information. If you access the Software from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, or other transactional information for that device (such as your device type and operating system) in order to provide mobile optimization.
- Cookies. The Software uses session cookies to track your responses. You can disable cookies in your browser, but if you disable cookies and use ALEX, the Software won’t work, unfortunately. In general, cookies are comprised of small bits of data that often include an anonymous unique identifier. Websites send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer so the website can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that website. These technologies may be used to collect and store information about your usage of the Software, such as pages you have visited and search queries you have run
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
A. To Help You Understand and Evaluate Your Benefits. Information collected from and about you, including User Inputs, will be used to help you understand your benefits, evaluate your benefits options, answer your questions, and generate suggestions, per the capabilities of the Software. Your User Inputs will also be used to generate anonymous, de-identified, and aggregate analytic data about the Software (at all-user, employer, and/or department levels, unless your department is so small it would identify you), which may be shared with your employer. Aggregate Information may be used by Jellyvision in its sole discretion for any purpose.
B. To Provide and Manage the Software. Information collected from and about you will be used to provide the Software to you, including using Aggregate Information and survey responses to analyze and improve the Software. For users who have created an account with us, we may use your information to provide customer support in connection with your account (e.g., password resets and account deletion).
C. To Contact You. Subject to your consent, we may use Personal Information you provide to us for the purpose of communicating with you about the Software and your benefits options, such as (but not limited to) to send you a link to a personalized benefits report or to provide reminders about upcoming deadlines or opportunities related to your benefits.
A. Information Shared with Your Employer. In the process of helping your employer understand how their benefits are being utilized by their employees, we share aggregated and de-identified information on employees such as: utilization of the Software by department (unless your department is so small that it would identify you), information about employees’ expected medical needs, and verbatim feedback you provide when using the Software. In addition, Jellyvision may help employers understand how their population compares to other employee populations by sharing de-identified, aggregate averages at a high level, such as average number of physician visits for the employer’s population versus all employees in a certain industry.
We may also share aggregate analytic data with your employer regarding how the Software is used. This information may include, but is not limited to: how many people engaged with which segments of the Software, what selections users made, and which medical plans ALEX highlighted most frequently. We may also share with your employer information collected from the user feedback survey. While we do not ask for any Personal Information in the user feedback survey, if you happen to type your name or other Personal Information into the open comment field, we and your employer will be able to view that, so please do not enter any Personal Information as part of your response.
B. Information Shared with Third Parties to Assist Us in Providing the Software. We may share information collected from and about you, including Personal Information, with certain third-party service providers who help us with managing or providing the Software; developing or supporting products and features; processing data or statistics; or providing website hosting, account management, and customer support. In addition, Jellyvision may share recommendations generated by ALEX (e.g., suggested medical plans and 401k contributions) with an integrated benefits administration system to facilitate your ability to view options and enroll through that system’s user interface. These outside service providers are required to protect Personal Information entrusted to them and not use it for any other purpose than the specific services they are providing to Jellyvision.
C. Sale or Transfer of Assets. If Jellyvision sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, Jellyvision may transfer information collected from you to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
4. POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN. The Software is not intended for use by children under the age of 14, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 14 years of age. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from children under the age of 14, we will take reasonable measures to promptly erase such information from our records.
6. SECURITY. We have put in place reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. However, we do not guarantee, and explicitly disclaim any implied representation, warranty, or other promise, that unauthorized third parties will never be able to overcome those measures or use your Personal Information for improper purposes. Also please note that e-mail and messaging systems are not considered secure, so we discourage you from sending us Personal Information through these mediums.
7. THIRD PARTY LINKS. Our Software may contain links to or from the websites of companies other than Jellyvision that are provided by your employer. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. If you have any questions about how these other websites use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
8. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS – CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may choose to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Our policy is not to disclose personal information collected online to a third party for direct marketing purposes without your approval. If you choose to opt out at any time after granting approval, email email@example.com.
Below are the categories of personal information we may have collected in connection with your use of the Software within the last twelve months:
- Identifiers, such as your name address, zip code, IP address, and social security number.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as your employment history, bank account number, medical information, or health insurance information.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as your age, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, and sex.
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as current or past job history.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information.
As a California resident, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless a statutory exception applies.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you (or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. There are a few rules for verifiable consumer requests:
- You may only make a verifiable consumer request twice within a 12-month period.
- Plus, the verifiable consumer request must:
- Have enough information so we can verify that it’s really you
- Describe your request with enough detail so we understand, and can properly respond to, your request
If we can’t verify that it’s you or understand what you are requesting, we will not be able to respond to your request or provide you with personal information. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, and you will be able to continue to access ALEX. If you have any questions or comments about your choices and rights under CCPA, please email us at email@example.com.
Finally, California law also requires us to tell you how Jellyvision responds to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your web browser. When DNT is enabled, a user’s web browser sends a signal to websites visited by the user to indicate that the user does not want to be tracked. While Jellyvision honors your privacy and choices, no common standard for DNT has been adopted by the technology industry or regulators. Therefore, Jellyvision does not respond to or take any action with respect to a DNT signal sent from your web browser.
9. THE SOFTWARE IS INTENDED FOR USERS IN THE UNITED STATES. Jellyvision’s ALEX Software is intended to provide services for employers and employees based in the United States.
The Jellyvision Lab, Inc.
848 W. Eastman St.
Chicago, IL 60642
Last updated: November 22, 2021