1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHAT WE DO WITH IT. We may collect both Personal and Non-Personal Information, as detailed below. Personal Information is information about you that can be used to contact or reasonably identify you, such as your e-mail address. Non-Personal Information does not identify you personally and can include information like your age, marital status, number of children, and your responses to questions from ALEX while using the Software. We also compile information in aggregate (“Aggregate Information”), which is anonymous, de-identified, and consolidated data we collect about the characteristics and activities of users of the Software; to be 100% clear, all Personal Information is removed from Aggregate Information.
Most importantly, we do not sell your Personal Information.
A. Information Collected By ALEX. When using the Software, we will collect information you provide to us in response to ALEX’s questions, such as your marital status, whether you have children, and your anticipated doctor visits per year (“Interview Responses”). Your Interview Responses will be used by Jellyvision to evaluate your benefits options and generate a personalized summary report. Your Interview Responses will also be used to generate anonymous, de-identified, and aggregate (at all user, employer, and/or department level, unless your department is so small it would identify you) analytic data about the Software which may be shared with your employer. Aggregate Information may be used by Jellyvision in its sole discretion for any purpose. You will also be asked to provide an e-mail address (completely optional), which will be used to send you a link to ALEX and your personalized benefits report, so that you may retrieve your report without repeating the entire interview process. We share your e-mail with a third party service provider for the sole purpose of providing the link back to ALEX to you, but your e-mail will not be linked to your Interview Responses as part of such disclosure, and the third party will not store your e-mail. We also do not store or link your email address with your Interview Responses, and once the email is sent to you, we securely delete your email address from our system.
If you don’t want to provide your e-mail to ALEX, you will be able to fully utilize the Software and will receive your personalized benefits reports upon completion of the ALEX interview. Please see section 2 of this Agreement for additional details on how we use and share information collected from the Software, including your Interview Responses.
B. Information Collected from the User Feedback Survey. At the end of the ALEX interview process, you will be asked to complete an optional user survey to help us and your employer evaluate the effectiveness of the Software and allow you to provide comments and suggestions regarding the Software. The information collected from the user survey may be shared with your employer and used by Jellyvision for any purpose it sees fit, including, but not limited to, advertising and marketing purposes. Please do not enter any Personal Information into the user feedback survey.
C. Technical Usage Information and Cookies. When you use the Software, our servers record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to URL where ALEX is hosted, and other information. If you access the Software from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device or other transactional information for that device, such as your device type and operating system, in order to provide any mobile optimization. We do not store your IP address, or connect it to your Interview Responses.
Cookies. In ALEX, we use one session cookie to track your responses as you use ALEX. The cookie expires once you close your browser and is not stored on your computer. You can disable cookies in your browser, but if you disable this cookie, ALEX won’t work unfortunately. In general, cookies are comprised of small bits of data that often include an anonymous unique identifier. Websites send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer so the website can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that website. These technologies may be used to collect and store information about your usage of the Software, such as pages you have visited and search queries you have run.
A. To Provide and Manage the Software. We use the information we collect from and about users to provide the Software and features to you, including using Aggregate Information and Survey Responses to analyze and improve the Software and features.
B. Information Shared with Your Employer. In the process of helping your employer understand how their benefits are being utilized by their employees, we share aggregated and de-identified information on employees such as: utilization of ALEX by department (unless your department is so small that it would identify you), information about how expected medical needs affect employee costs of different plans, and verbatim feedback you provide to ALEX. In addition, Jellyvision may help employers understand how their population compares to other employee populations by sharing de-identified, aggregate averages at a high level, such as average number of physician visits for the employer’s population versus all employees in a certain industry.
We may also share aggregate analytic data with your employer regarding how the Software is used. This information may include, but is not limited to, how many people started the interview process, how many completed it, what choices were made during the interview process, and which plans ALEX highlighted most frequently. We may also share with your employer information collected from the user feedback survey. While we do not ask for any Personal Information in the user feedback survey, if you happen to type your name or other personal information into the open comment field, we and your employer will be able to view that, so please do not enter any Personal Information as part of your response.
C. To Allow Third Parties to Assist Us In Providing and Managing the Software. We may make the information you provided to us available to certain third-party service providers, who help us manage or provide the Software by, for example: developing or supporting products and features, hosting, and processing data or statistics. These outside service providers are required to protect Personal Information entrusted to them and not use it for any other purpose than the specific services they are providing to Jellyvision.
D. To Contact You. Subject to your consent, we may use Personal Information you provide to us for the purpose of communicating with you about the Software, such as to send you a link to your personalized benefits report.
F. Sale or Transfer of Assets. If Jellyvision sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, Jellyvision may transfer information collected from you to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
3. POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN. The Software is not intended for use by children under the age of 14, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 14 years of age. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from children under the age of 14, we will take reasonable measures to promptly erase such information from our records.
5. SECURITY. We have put in place reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. However, we do not guarantee, and explicitly disclaim any implied representation, warranty, or other promise, that unauthorized third parties will never be able to overcome those measures or use your Personal Information for improper purposes. Also please note that e-mail and messaging systems are not considered secure, so we discourage you from sending us Personal Information through these mediums.
6. THIRD PARTY LINKS. Our Software may contain links to or from the websites of companies provided by your employer other than Jellyvision. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. If you have any questions about how these other websites use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
7. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES. Under California law, we are required to tell you if we sell your Personal Information and allow you to opt out of such sale. So here it is: We do not sell your Personal Information (this applies to non-Californians too).
Additionally, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may choose to opt out of the disclosure of Personal Information about them to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Our policy is not to disclose Personal Information collected online to a third party for direct marketing purposes without your approval. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval, email email@example.com.
California law also requires us to tell you how Jellyvision and ALEX respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your web browser. When DNT is enabled, a user’s web browser sends a signal to websites visited by the user to indicate that the user does not want to be tracked. While Jellyvision honors your privacy and choices, no common standard for DNT has been adopted by the technology industry or regulators, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent. Therefore, Jellyvision does not respond to or take any action with respect to a DNT signal sent from your web browser.
8. THE SOFTWARE IS INTENDED FOR USERS IN THE UNITED STATES. Jellyvision’s ALEX Software is intended to provide benefits communication for employers and employees based in the United States.
The Jellyvision Lab, Inc.
848 W. Eastman St.
Chicago, IL 60642
Last Updated: December 20, 2019